Sunday 25 January 2015

My house in Budapest... December travels

For some reason I was ridiculously excited about Christmas this year and was wholly on board for any festive activities in the run to the big day.

With this in mind as soon as it turned to December I found myself on a Ryan Air flight and was jetting off to Budapest. It was no coincidence that it happened to be the very weekend that the Christmas markets opened in the city. 

My best friend moved over a year ago now, to Amsterdam, which means that I don't get to see him as much as I used to or as much as I would like. Gone are the days of Harry Potter marathon weekends!

We thought a weekend trip away together to a European city would be a really lovely catch up as well as getting us in the Christmas spirit. 



So what did we get up to? We walked. A lot. We also got cold a lot. I think I can safely speak for the both of us though when I say that it is a really wonderful place to visit and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to get away.

We both really enjoy photography and so we spent a lot of time walking around all the major landmarks. The real highlights are of course the Basilica, Fisherman's Bastion, the Chain Bridge, and Buda Castle. The Christmas markets were adorable and festive, but it was the backdrop of the Basilica that really made the atmosphere. 

If you're interested in seeing more of the city and what we got up to, there's a YouTube video I made here:


http://youtu.be/d8GkNMS-VTQ


Lastly, to anyone considering a trip to Budapest, then absolutely do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment